Monday, April 26, 2010

Bali 2010

Beginning of the year, I went on a family trip with my hubby and his family to Bali. I had so much fun. From the day we arrived, we shopped till the last day.


We stayed in a beautiful villa called Casa Evaliza in Seminyak. We had the whole villa to ourselves. There was a butler, Kartika who is a very good host. A very good cook, Mustika and a very patient and friendly driver, Putu.


Living room area



The room that me and my hubby stayed in

Pool area

In Ubud, we bought 3 paintings. I have to say that my hubby is not the easiest and fastest shopper. Putu was very patient with us. We literally walked the whole of Ubud looking for paintings.

One of the many painting shop in Ubud


On the third day, my family and I went surfing. Never in my life I would thought of going surfing. We took surfing lessons. The best part was I didnt want to do it but when I was there, my hubby persuaded me to try. Thank god I did. It was sooo much fun.



Me surfing. The dude behind me was my instructor, Berto


Surfboards

In Bali, there are many nice architectures. With my new found hobby, I took tons of pictures with my Olympus e-520. I particularly like the statues. It is so beautifully crafted. This is the statue that I really like and I must say I like the angle of this picture as well.


One night we decided to go to the most expensive restaurant/lounge area in Seminyak, Ku De Ta. Although we didnt eat there, we had a couple of drinks and watched the sunset.



It was a good trip and a very nice long break. Once in awhile, its nice to take a break from work and get out of the country. If I do go back to Bali, I will definitely go surfing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment