Saturday, September 10, 2011

It has been awhile

Just checked that my last post was in December 2010! It has been ages. I have been busy with work and also with my 2 cats. Yes I have cats. Never knew I would be a cat person.

It all started with my hubby's brother, he adopted a cat from SPCA. Then his gf bought a Persian cat. My hubby thought it would be a good idea to have a pet too. Initially I was kinda reluctant because I'm a dog person. Never in my life would I think of having cats as pets. Never really like cats. What made me change my mind was when I played with my hubby's bro's gf's cat. Her cat is sooo adorable. Then I thought ok it would not be a bad idea after all. So we went to SPCA and Paws to look for a cat. We both want an active and playful cat. Not the type that just sit around all day. Did some research and found out that Siamese cat is a dog like cat. They are playful and smart. Some adult Siamese cats even knows how to open doors! One bad thing about Siamese cats is that they are very vocal. They will meow until they get what they want. Persian cats are quite slow and not as playful in comparative.

So we have decided on the breed. Next is our mission to look for a Siamese cat to adopt. Unfortunately both SPCA and Paws do not have any Siamese. So I went on to petfinders to look for. I stumbled upon this beautiful Siamese mixed kitten. It caught my eye. Me being the kiasu person quickly called and fixed an appointment on the same day to adopt the cat.

And then there is Bat....

Bat was a tiny fella when we brought him home. Scared, skinny and hungry. He is very vocal. He meowed the whole night on the first night. Thank god it only took him one night to get used to us. He is very active and playful. A very naughty cat indeed. I personally feel he thinks he is a dog. He always sticks his tongue out, chase his own tail and he likes to lick. Love him very much. He has grown into a very good looking cat now. :) Here are some of Bat's pic when he was young and some of him now.

In my next post, it would be on our adventure in looking for the 2nd cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment