Monday, January 2, 2012

Tattoos and Memory

Most of my tattoos were done when I was studying in Melbourne. The tattoo parlor that I went was near Victoria Market.

I still remember the first time I went to get my tattoo done, I was soooo afraid of the pain that I almost chicken out. My housemate was with me and the poor girl had to walk around Vic Market with me for an hour before I sum up my courage to go for my tattoo. Oooh... and of course I remember the tattoo artist. He was cute!!!

So my first tattoo is a tribal butterfly. Yes...corny as it sounds. Butterfly to me it symbolizes freedom. When I was young, my mom controls my every movement. The only time I really feel free was when I was in Melbourne. I can do whatever I want without answering to anyone. You must be thinking why butterfly and not birds right? Well that's because I like butterflies. I find it amazing that from a caterpillar it can morph into a beautiful butterfly and finally free to fly wherever it wants. That's how I came about with my first tattoo.

The 2nd piece is another tribal design. This has no meaning actually. I was just addicted to the pain. I know I sound like a mad woman who is into pain.

My 3rd piece is a rose piercing through the heart. This has 2 meaning, one is because I had to leave Melbourne for good. Second is I have to leave this friend of mine which I was having a crush on. :(

Yesterday was the day where I got myself inked for the 4th time.This is in memory of my cat who passed away when she was only 6 months old. Her name is Tiger. Although she is gone to a better place but she will not be forgotten.

Alvin the tattoo artist did a very good job in this piece. I am so glad that I did it with him. LOVE IT!!! It took 4 hours to do this piece and it is the most painful tattoo that I have done. But its worth the price and pain. Here are some of the pics that I took.


Stencil on

Tattoo begins

Work in progress

Work in progress 2 - Almost there

Shading time

And finally done!

The picture and tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment