Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cameron Highland - First day

Over the Christmas weekend, my hubby and I went to Cameron Highland. It was a last minute thing. Since I took leave and we didn't celebrate our wedding anniversary. So we thought, why not celebrate it in Cameron Highland.

Last minute booking during peak season is not advisable. All the hotels were fully booked till end of this month. But thankfully I managed to book a hotel room in 2 hotels. Yes 2 hotels.

On the first night we stayed at Century Pines. It is located at Tanah Rata. My room does not have a good view but at least its nice and clean. Can't complain much since it was last minute. The rate is quite reasonable. During peak season with tax its about RM305 for one night. We arrived at about 3.30pm. It was raining so we decided to check in and rest for awhile until the rain stopped. The weather was nice.
Cool and breezy. After the rain stopped, we went down to the lobby and asked the concierge on where to visit. The receptionist told us that most of the attractions are in Brinchang mountain pass the town, which is the highest peak of Cameron Highland. He advised us not to go at that hour as we would be stuck in a 4 hour jam.

So we decided to drive down from Tanah Rata to check out the scenery. We came across this tea house called Cameron Valley Tea House. I have to say thank god for Garmin, it took us to a lot of places.


When we reached Cameron Valley Tea House, it was packed. We can barely find parking there. The tea house served tea, sandwich, scones and nasi lemak. We didn't eat because the queue was long and there was no table available. I went to take some pics of the tea plantation, visited a few shops next to the tea house.

After Cameron Valley, we went to Bee Farm. I was quite nervous at first. I read about the bee flying freely in the farm. I am afraid of being sting and that's the last thing I want to happen! Of course, I didn't see any bees flying around. Well, that is probably because I didn't go that far. LOL. Went to check out some honey. I am not a fan of honey. My hubby on the other hand likes honey but he what he wants honey in glass bottle. Which is not available at that shop. All the honey were sold in plastic bottle. So we left empty handed but with a few pictures.

After the bee farm, we were quite hungry. So we drove back up to Tanah Rata to see what is there to eat. There is a row of shop lot located opposite a bus station. We ate at this nasi kandar restaurant. I had banana leaf and my hubby had rice with lamb curry. After dinner, we walked along the shops. Stopped by a grocery store, bought some snacks and drinks for the night.


After our dinner and walking, it was still early (about 6.30pm). So we decided to give it a try and drive further up nearer to Brinchang. On our way up we saw a sign that says Strawberry Farm Free Admission. So we went there. There is nothing much to see, just a few plants. The strawberry farm was cordoned off. So we cant go in and see. Fresh strawberries were sold there. We bought a packet. It was disappointing because the strawberries were small and sour.

Here are some of the pics I took on our first day. I will be posting more pics that I took from my second day in the next post. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed taking it.


Waterfall on our way up to Cameron


Entrance of our room


Our room at Century Pines


One of the wall hanging at the hall


Century Pines lobby


Century Pines lobby


Century Pines night view




Cameron Valley tea plantation


Cameron Valley tea plantation


Cameron Valley tea plantation


Cameron Valley tea plantation


Flowers at Bee Farm


View at Bee Farm


Entrance to Bee Farm



More flowers at Bee Farm


Bees at Bee Farm



Bee Farm


Strawberry Farm


Cactus at Strawberry Farm


Flowers at Strawberry Farm


Flowers at Strawberry Farm


View in Brinchang


Brinchang town

No comments:

Post a Comment